Saturday, April 20, 2013

Goal Setting + Doing = Getting

How to go from fat and fabulous to fit and fabulous....Okay that is a bit of an exaggeration.  I am not "fat" however when I look in the mirror, I see someone who is longing to be back to her 120 lb frame, is not comfortable with her current weight and has a whole long way to go to get there.  I will not reveal what I am currently weighing in at- (personally I am convinced my scale is broken), but I am also living here in the real world and know that going down to 120 lbs is not really going to ever happen, no matter how well I eat, how much I exercise, long gone are the days of 120 lbs. 
However, with some serious dedication, consistently doing my yoga (Gosh I really love Rodney Yee's programs) and getting yelled at by Jillian Michaels, I will reach my fitness goals, my new ideal weight and just generally better health-oh yes and getting to bed at a regular time may just aid in this whole fitness/health goal setting :)
I know I am on the right track as I sit here munching on my spinach salad with berries.  I have to continue to drink as much water as I can, I actually crave it now and can feel when my body is thirsty.  The sweetest thing my eldest daughter said to me the other day was "Mommy, you're belly is going down".  I guess I could have been hurt but I chose to take it just as she meant it, Mommy is making positive changes.  I was actually happy she noticed.  She is only 9.  Just as I like to dole out the positive things I notice for them, she gave it back to me and that is a sweet and precious gift.  The fact is I never discuss weight issues with them.  I eat healthy food (cheating occasionally) and exercise.  If I set the example, they will follow. 
This is my issue, not theirs. 
Why did I call myself fat at the beginning of this blog entry...that is clearly the evil voice called self-doubt that lives in my head.  It is an uphill battle to get out of those quicksand negative thoughts.  If only I had a branch to hold onto....guess what, I do!!!!  I have a most amazing partner whom I love dearly and who continues to boost me up, he is patient, loving, kind and a genuine cheerleader.  He gets in the pit and fights to pull me up each and every single day not that I need that every day but he is there and willing.  I am a blessed woman. 
Count your blessing each and every single day. 
Go out and be a blessing to someone!!! You may never know what your kind word or smile could do for someone, but God does.

No comments:

Post a Comment