Saturday, May 4, 2013

It seems summer is here...what happened to spring?

I missed blogging last week!!! :(
Our weather has been unpredictable to say the least.  One day cold, next day warm, it's no wonder the kids are sniffling between allergies and colds!! I think I should have shares in the kleenex company!
I am not complaining infact I am happy!! The sun is shining, it's warm and I don't need to bundle up myself and the kids in layers upon layers of clothes.  Boots have been replaced with sandals and I FINALLY get to go barefoot again!!! YEAH!!!!

I think I suffered through a minor depression the past month maybe even two months.  The weather was gray and so was my mood.  I would cry in the shower and just beg for a release.  I could not really give a reason why I was in such a slump.  I was short with my kids, tired, no energy, so really a not so great person to be around.  Mood has lifted, sun is shining and it's the medicine that was so desperately needed. 
My bible study group has ended for the summer.  I am so upset when this happens, although I must admit I could have skipped small group this session, the study was wonderful that we did and I gained a lot however I didn't find myself enjoying the small group as much as I had in previous sessions.  I feel guilty in even saying that but it's the truth. 

We end in April and break until September. 
This break is far too long for me.  I wish we just kept on trucking right through the summer.  I find myself longing for the bible study.  I tend to "lose" focus when I am not involved in a bible study......so the solution.....do a bible study over the summer!!!  My sweet friend (she is the best and I can't tell her this enough times, she is my rock when it comes to gaining a deeper relationship with Christ) is joining me on this study!!  We can keep each other on track, focused and be there to encourage one and other.  The study we decided on is by Linda Dillow called Calm My Anxious Heart.
I am so super excited!!! Over the top thrilled, then I opened the study and realized it's going to be another one of those, get to the heart of the matter and deal with it kind of studies, which is just what I need. 
TRUST IN THE LORD!!!  TRUST TRUST TRUST!!!  I will eventually get it!
One of the questions is "Do you think most women try to control or manipulate people and circumstances?  If yes, why?"
Well...what do you think?  Do we as women try to control/manipulate people and circumstances?

Go out and be a blessing to someone this week, a smile, a brief hello is all it may take!!

No comments:

Post a Comment