Saturday, April 13, 2013

Goals - excuses = reality

This week has been up, down and everything in between!!! 
I have been really bad at waking up in the morning to do my yoga or doing any of my exercise during the day.  A bit was done, scattered and  I am disappointed with myself.  I have a goal, I know what I need to do to accomplish it and here I am being lazy.  I can give the 1000 or so excuses on why I didn't get up and do my exercises but it will all boil down to an excuse.
I have the time, but I am not making the time.  I also did not make the proper time to spend with God.  Yes, I did spend some time, did some of my readings, and wrote in my devotional only once or twice. 
Why did I blurt out all of this seemingly irrelevant information?!?!?! 
Well this week has probably been one of my worst weeks as far as patience, understanding, alertness, calmness-I can go on but I think you get my point!!!  So what does this mean, what have I learned?  (Funny enough, my cousin just blogged about this very thing....check it out http://www.declareit.ca/failing-a-path-to-success/ )

So back to my lessons learned-
First SPEND TIME WITH GOD, meaningful, heartfelt, head in the game time.  Do not spend time with him just to do a daily check mark in the devotional box.  If you aren't spending the proper time with him, you will feel empty, sad, alone, frustrated and generally not settled within yourself.
Second DO MY EXERCISES the more exercising I do, the better I feel.  If I do the morning yoga stretch I feel balanced, centered and ready to take on the day.  Build up a sweat with Jillian Michaels, proud of my accomplishment, being able to push through her intense 30 day shred routine.  Working through the Gaiam yoga for weight loss and finally being able to do the complete flows (routines) without stopping AND the next morning feeling that muscle pain of using muscles I haven't been otherwise using ( I LOVE THAT FEELING).

My eating habits have pretty much maintained which is a positive thing.  Less wheat, more conscience choices, lots of water.  I feel better in that.

1COR 6:19Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own

BE A BLESSING TO SOMEONE THIS WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment