Monday, March 11, 2013

The downside of being cheap

We are going away for the week-end....we are going to shop and I am going to treat myself.  This is going to be great!!!! 
I have no idea who I thought I was going to fool.
Glenn says I have cleardar-yes you read that right...Cleardar also known as clearance radar.  I will infact walk past the full price items and immediately head to clearance.  I couldn't even tell you what was in the non-clearance section. 
I shop at the outlets, warehouse sales, and am always browsing the clearance racks. 
It was realized this week-end that I am frugal (it sounds better than cheap).  I wanted a devotional book- one thousand gifts the devotional- http://onethousandgifts.com/one-thousand-gifts-devotional
and I wouldn't buy it for myself-Glenn got so upset with me because I was buying little things for everyone else but would not take care of myself.
I just have a sense of guilt when I buy things for myself like I am being selfish.
I think it's because I am a Mom, so after them and everyone else I come first.  That's not to say I do not take care of me.  I am working out to Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, doing Yoga in the morning, eating healthier and last but certainly NOT least I am reading my daily devotions and also our Women's group is working through a new study by Jennifer Rothschild-Missing Pieces http://www.jenniferrothschild.com/missingpieces/
What a fabulous study....finding it challenging, but change is growth and it is good.
I am logging off for the night.  Lots to do over March Break with the munchkins.
And in case you are wondering, Glenn took the devotional out of my hands and went and bought it for me.
I love that man.
Blessings
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment